After several hours making changes to my original Delphi code,
I have now recompiled my Cavern Fighter PC game to run on the Raspberry PI.
Using Free Pascal and the Lazarus IDE I finally got it running. At the moment
the frame rate is a little slow and it has no sound. I’ll either get the Linux
files for Bass or look to use the SDL library to play the background tunes and
spot effects. For those who don’t know, I wrote this game back in 2004
for a Retro Game competition. It is based on a ZX Spectrum game of the same
Here is a picture of it running in the debugger via a VNC
Here is a picture of the original Spectrum version.